The Convention starts on March 17 at 14:00 and will end on March 20 at 12:00.
Who can participate
Everyone involved in the Communication domain at church level as well Conference and Union, working as Internet (IT, webmaster), Tv, Radio and ePress representatives.
You will have the possibility to be in connection with your colleagues from other countries and to give your contribution to create a worthwhile network. Your contribution is requested also in sharing what you are already experiencing in the field you are operating in. If you need support to improve your competence even more, you can do that thanks to an advanced training for your proficiency offered also in this Convention.
Please register your name at the page Registration.
Cost of Participation
Cost of registration include: accommodation and meals.
- Euro 210 in double room - per person
- Euro 285 in single room - per person
Travel costs are not included.
Deadline for registration is February 28, 2014.
After this date we cannot guarantee accommodation.
The program is divided in three modules:
Working session – plenary session, general topics
Workshops session – divided by specific topics
Sharing session – possibility to present local projects
All Communication Directors are invited to present in 10 minutes specific project(s) that is/are working in their countries
This session is open also to all participants that would like to present their works ( Project slams: 10 minutes max.)
The conference is internet evangelism oriented meaning, that each media is reflected upon and discussed from the perspective of internet.
Internet, Radio & Evangelism
- AWR Website and the podcast and statistics module | Daryl Gungadoo (20 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Presentation of the statistics tool, the results and the consequences already taken or anticipated
- Radio 2.0 ("Social Radio", Second screen or "Friend screen", etc...) Yves Senty (30 min)
- Radio via internet in Romania | Valeriu Petrescu (15 min)
Internet, TV & Evangelism
- HOPE Channel Internet Network | Olivier Guy (60 min with quest.)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: HOPE Channel’s use of the internet, the development of the HC Website Network 2.0, future use of the internet for HOPE Channel
- Media Asset Management | Wolfgang Schick, Daryl Gungadoo (90 min with quest.)
- Case Study – Media Evangelism in Romania | Valeriu Petrescu (15 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: A cross media 10days evangeslistic programme with Doug Batchelo
Internet, Press & Communication
- The Huffington Post Approach | Sven Fockner (30 min)
- Aspects to be presented: Search for the user
- WEB NEWS | Jeorge Duarte / Pedro Torres / Corrado Cozzi (30 min) (Andrew King)
- Aspects to be presented: Case Study News Portugal, EUD Video news - How to get there?
Internet, Web Network
- The NETWORK IDEA | Klaus Popa (60 min with quest.)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Network instead of individual (website, news, projects etc.), future use of the internet in the worldwide SDA church (e.g. Pray4Togo, Global youth day etc.), What are the next steps globally and in the EUD territory?
- Adventist Design/Website Framework | GC Com & EUD/SdH Team
- The Role of adventist.org worldwide | Andrew King (20 min)
- Worldwide strategy of administrative website network | Klaus Popa (20 min)
- Presentation EUD Website Network | K. Popa (30 min)
- Process of implementation for unions, conferences, churches | GC & SdH (30 min)
Internet, Web Evangelism
- Bible Correspondence App and online bible study software | Corrado Cozzi, Sven Fockner (30 min)
- The Record Keeper | Web series – Watching and survey.(30 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: project presentation and its effect as a web series
- The Heroes | Villi Costescu, Sam Neves (30 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: web-application; gamification : What it is, what platforms use it and benefits of using it.
- Global Youth Day | Daryl Gungadoo, Wolfgang Schick (15 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: The NETWORK IDEA, a global, simultaneous and integrative use of social and classical media for a youth event.
- Social Media | Joel Sam via Videoconference from USA (30 min)
- 5 Big Mistakes Churches are Making with Social Media
Internet, Church & Evangelism
- Streaming Church Services | Cosmin Stanciu, Corrado Cozzi (30 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Why to stream church services online? How to? Solutions.
- Internet Based Event Calendar for Managing Events in the Church | Karl-Heinz Walter (15 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Event calendar used in SDA Germany as part of the website-network adventisten.de
- Internet Based Sermon Planner for Unions, Conferences | Karl-Heinz Walter (15 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Sermon planner used in SDA Germany as part of the website-network adventisten.de
- Internet Based Event management used by Adventist youth in Germany Tobias Klepp (15 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Event management used in SDA Germany as part of the Adventist Youth Network
- Membership software John Beckett
- Future use of the internet in the SDA church | John Beckett (30 min)
- NETadventist – status quo and future | John Beckett (30 min)
- Cross Media Evangelism | Klaus Popa (30 min)
- Reflection upon current situation and a possible future
- Cooking Class | How to help members to be cross media evangelists?
- Responsive Web-Design | Andrew King (30 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Explanation of what Responsive Design is and why it should be used (Concepts). Case study: www.adventist .org; maybe demo of “before” and “after” RD is implemented.
- Mobile Ministry: How your church can reach people everywhere| Joel Sam - Via Videoconference (30 min)
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: How to use social media effectively
- Consider Applications | Villi Costescu, Sam Neves (30 min)
- Project Slam of Existing Projects (TV, Radio, Internet …) – (10 min each)
Workshops (30 minutes each)
- Media Asset Management for Radio | Stephan Vincent
- Images and internet Pablo Sanchez
- Aspect to be presented resolution, copyrights, image data bases (churchphoto.org, etc.)
- Typo3 LIVE-Demo / How to?/Hands on… | Tobias Klepp, Andrew King – 2 sessions
- Manage your evangelistic event via the internet | Matthias Müller
- Aspects to be presented and discussed: Evangelism Management Software used by faith.simple.
- Social Media made simple | Predo Torres